Tuesday, September 6
- Finish the toothpick problem
- Can you work backward from toothpicks to level?
- Can you make an expression that represents the entire pattern?
- Can you make a graph that represents the entire pattern?
- Can you construct a pattern out of toothpicks that has a different "rule"?
- What do you notice about the rules the class is generating?
- Can you construct patterns that break the rules?
- Can you make expressions and graphs for all the patterns?
Wednesday, September 7
- Exponent-ty patterns
- The textbook, homework, grading systems
- Pair solving
- It's all about reasoning -- make your reasoning explicit, and the problem will solve itself.
- Group feedback on solving technique
- Exponent rules and radicals. Practice.
Friday, September 9
- Polynomial simplification
Is something unclear? Leave a comment below: